Private Voice Tuition with Nicole
1:2:1 Voice Lessons
& Vocal Coaching
- I teach vocal technique, ear training, improvisation, phrasing, range expansion, harmony, diaphragmatic breathing, connection to lyric and much more. Through learning a range of songs as well as exercises, I focus on building confidence and good vocal habits.
- I offer an organised, fun and engaging lessons based on my students goals and personal musical taste. I choose material that encourages and pushes students out of their comfort zone which brings growth and results . I also coach students on their own choice of material. Lessons are tailored to each students needs, building up from the important foundations.
- I have an extensive knowledge of American Jazz and Jazz standards, as well as experience in Musical Theatre, Soul, R&B, Dance Music and Pop. As far as I’m concerned the more eclectic the better… good music comes from all genres!
- I am charismatic and get on very well with youngsters and adults alike. My goal is to serve budding talent and in the most powerful way, I get so much gratification seeing my students succeed.
- I strongly believe that making music is fundamental for mental and spiritual well being, it also helps to build confidence in other aspects of life.
- Private lessons are held at Speed Limit Studios- our purpose built home music/recording studio. I use both backing tracks in lessons as well as play the piano for exercises, accompaniment and can transpose music to suit each students vocal range accordingly.
- I hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
My education and experience
- I grew up in Seattle and started singing in school choirs and gospel choirs in primary and middle school as well as private piano and voice lessons from age 7.
- I attended Roosevelt High School- Seattle performance arts magnet high-school renowned for it’s Musical Theatre and Jazz Program.
- As a young student I had the opportunity to perform and compete at Mazatlan Mexico Jazz Exchange Program, The Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Reno International Jazz Festival, The Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival, as well as six years of WMS and RHS Musical Theatre and Drama Fest.
- I went on to study music at University- Voice, Piano and Composition amongst other subjects at Bennington College. In my first year my professor and mentor secured me an internship job at Knitting Factory Records in New York.
- I decided to stay in NYC and auditioned for a scholarship to attend The New School – Jazz and Contemporary Music Program where I earned a Batchelor of Fine Arts in Vocal Performance. I also studied at The Thelonious Monk Institute where I was mentored by many of America’s Jazz reats.
- In my last year of college I was hired as musical supervisor and composer for a PBS television documentary – my original songs found it’s way to A&R in Manchester.
- I signed to ‘Grand Central Records’ and released my first solo album ‘Life On Earth’.
- During my time living in Manchester/London, I met my label mate (and later husband) Aim (Andy Turner) and toured extensively across the US and UK. I fronted the Aim live band for many years, playing Glastonbury, Hyde Park, O2 Festival, Dubai Chill Out Festival, Shepards Bush Empire and countless other clubs and venues across several continents.
- In 2004 Andy and I set up our own Record Label ATIC Records. We have been recording, producing, releasing, licensing and performing our music independently ever since.
- I have recently started teaching private voice lessons and GCSE music composition at Chetwynde School in Barrow, which has been hugely successful and very rewarding for me. I’d like to offer voice lessons to a wider student base so have opened up a limited number of private 1:2:1 lessons.
More information or to listen: http://aticrecords.com/artists/niko/
Tuition is billed at the start of each school term (6 week blocks)
Weekly lessons £20 per 45 min – £120 per term
£10 one off payment per school year for sheet music and materials
Get in touch if you wish to begin your vocal journey or to make an inquiry!